Monday, February 14, 2011

Will You Be My Valentine?

So today is valentines day, the day of love.  Personally one of my favorite holidays.  I see so many people moping around wearing all black claiming that they hate valentines day and all the little things that go along with it.  Others may be stressing to make sure that their significant other stays happy.  Many people think that the only way to have a good Valentines day is to have a boyfriend or girlfriend to share it with.  However I think Valentines day is much bigger than that, and have just recently discovered why.  There are so many different meanings of love.  The love between a wife and husband or the love between a father and daughter, siblings, friends, animals, the love we have for certain foods or the love for a profession.  I believe that we should be celebrating all these types of love today.  Being so far from home, it is both exciting and scary sometimes.  Its easy to feel separated from the people back home.  However if I take a step back I realize how much love I have in my life, and all the love that I have to give out.  I believe that people should take this day as a reminder of how many people love and care for you.  And so what if you are single?!?  

Today was a great Valentines day.  It was one that took me back to Elementary school.  I got to make home made cards to send to loved ones and got to put together valentines for all my hall mates.  Nothing beats walking though the halls of a dorm after a long day of classes and seeing piles of valentines in front of everybody's door, with special notes on the inside.


So I say take this day as a great way to tell and show the people in your life that you love them! 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...